There are many simple practices that you, as a resident of your local watershed, can do to help improve your local waterways and minimize your negative impact on water quality. The following recommendations provide several ways YOU can help.
|Lawn and Garden – A healthy lawn and garden makes a home more attractive and is also environmentally beneficial. more>|
|Septic Systems – Septic systems require periodic check-ups and proper care to function properly. more>|
|Outdoor Practices – There are many other things that we do outside that can help our environment. more>|
|Household Hazardous Waste – We must also be mindful not to improperly dispose of hazardous materials which can increase the burden wastewater systems. more>|
|Boating – Boating on the waters of Delaware can be a great way to see and appreciate our environment. While on our waterways, here are some things to remember to keep them clean. more>|
In addition to the practices listed above, below you will find links to resources that provide useful information on how YOU can help.
- Take a tour of the Appoquinimink River Association’s Water Friendly Interactive House and learn great water stewardship tips you can incorporate in your household.
- Get the scoop on your pets and learn why we should care about cleaning up after them!
- Delaware Livable Lawns – Lawn care tips on how to make small changes in your lawn care practices so we can all be better stewards of our environment.
- Learn about the benefits of Rain Barrels here.
- Rain Gardens for the Bays – A Regional Campaign For Greening Our Neighborhoods And Protecting Our Streams and Bays by Creating Thousands of Rain Gardens in Local Watersheds JOIN US!